Wednesday, November 14, 2007

10 Days and Counting!


The truth be told, my most desirable game between BYU and Utah would be an undefeated season for both teams coming into the contest and then watching the Utes dismantle the Pumas. However, this year I want a Puma lose because when we beat them, if they already have the conference title locked up, I can already hear the torrent of excuses for the lose. Primarily, BYU fans will blow the lose off and say that it is of little consequence since "they could afford to lose one." However, if they come into the game with one lose in conference and the potential for them to slip into a tie for the title, I think it robs the BYU fan of their safety net cop out. Of course, admittedly, my argument is broken down if the game is like it was last year. The Utes had nothing to play for but pride and BYU had already locked things up and it was perhaps the best game between the two I have seen, in spite of the outcome. Here's for hoping for another classic! I'm just glad the game is in Rice Eccles South Stadium where we have a great history the past fifteen years. Go Utes!

1 comment:

DCJ said...

Jared...your creativity is beyond commenting on, but this one was very unique I'll have to say. And you've got a point!!! But having just been in Cougar stadium, it's all blue and white and more hyped up than it's ever been. So let the battle begin. Smile & enjoy.
Love always, MOM